“I saw an opportunity to become the Mexican leader in ice cream production and technology.”
- Consumer Goods & Services
- Year selected
Xavier, a Mexican ice cream innovator, aims to bring his premium gelato to everyone in Mexico. Since founding Neve Gelato in 1999 as Mexico’s first Italian-style ice cream chain, Xavier has slowly built his brand name and retail presence to 25 stores in Mexico City’s middle and upper class neighborhoods. After a decade of steady growth, he recently took the next step in transforming his company from a niche-player into a homegrown competitor to Haagan-Dazs and Ben and Jerry’s by introducing Neve Gelato into supermarkets. With a new lower-priced brand and several new distribution channels in the works, Xavier is well on his way to capturing a scoop of Mexico’s nearly US$1 billion ice cream market.
- Emprendedor: Company spotlight (en Español)
- CNN expansion: Spotlight on Francisco (en Español)
- CNN Expansion: "Neve Gelato Challenges Häagen-Dazs"
- CNN expansion: "Neve Gelato, in Grandma's Style" (en Español)
- Negocius: Spotlight on Neve Gelato (en Español)
- Endeavor Mexico: Neve Gelato comes to supermarkets