Impact metric45% growth in jobs since selection
“I saw an opportunity to put Argentina on the map for video game innovation.”
When Patricio and Mariano founded Three Melons in 2005, the video game industry in Argentina was nascent. After raising financing, the duo created their first game connected to advertisers, an advergame. The launch of the company’s Indiana Jones LEGO game drew over 10 million users worldwide. Most of Three Melons’ games are web-based and generate revenue through in-game advertising and virtual goods. Over 800,000 people every day play Bola, the studio’s first social game, on Facebook and Orkut.
In March 2010, Three Melons was acquired by Playdom, one of the fastest-growing social gaming companies in Silicon Valley. In July 2010, the Walt Disney Company announced it had agreed to acquire Playdom for $763 million.
Endeavor and Mural.ly
Endeavor mentored Mariano and Patricio as they sought funding. The capital Three Melons secured allowed it to develop and release new products, in turn growing its user base. In 2010, Endeavor’s Mentor Capital Program helped Three Melons prepare its pitch and negotiate its agreement for their acquisition by Playdom.
In addition to local needs assessments and the facilitation of case studies (University di Tella), the Entrepreneurs also benefited from an Ernst & Young fellow, the eMBA program, and Entrepreneur Summit.
The Entrepreneurs are frequent speakers for Endeavor and have participated in the Endeavor Argentina Gala.
- (video)Three Melons featured on Vivo
- (video)Three Melons: What's Coming
- (video)Three Melons: Juicy Online Games
- (video)Three Melons on TN - Part 1
- (video)Three Melons on TN - Part 2
- (video)Three Melons on TN - Part 3
- (video)TV Spot promoting Bola in Mexico
- (video)LEGO Agents Game
- (video)Mariano Suarez (Three Melons) speaks at the 11th Annual Endeavor Argentina Conference, 2009 - Part 1
- (video)Mariano Suarez (Three Melons) speaks at the 11th Annual Endeavor Argnetina Conference, 2009 - Part 2
Kommunity Group (formerly LapDesk)
Alejandro Diego von Dorrer
Support the cause
Endeavor transforms the economies of emerging markets by identifying and supporting high-impact entrepreneursI want to get involved