“I saw an opportunity to enrich communities through architecture.”
- Prof. Services
- Year selected
Tatiana is determined to demonstrate the transformative power of architecture in enriching communities. Focusing on uplifting previously neglected spaces in Mexico’s overcrowded urban centers and narco-trafficking plagued rural areas she founded her own architecture studio in 2004. Her designs are 100% sustainable in terms of water and waste management and 40% sustainable in terms of energy use. They range from inner city housing blocks to a recently completed botanical garden in Sinaloa. Building on her growing success and recognition, Tatiana is committed to turning her firm into a scalable business with increasing global recognition. She has also launched a sustainable nonprofit organization, MX.DF, to focus urban research and address Mexico’s most pressing problems.
- Tatiana's blog
- Juxtapoz: Article featuring photos
- Designboom: Interview with Tatiana (with photos)
- The Architectural League of NY: Bio and video
- Magis: "Portrait of a Global Architect" (en Español)
- Emprendedor: Tatiana named an emerging architect by the Architects League of New York (en Español)
- Emprendedor: Company spotlight (en Español)
- CNBC: "Latin American Express - 20 Businesses You Should Know"
- Architect's Newspaper: Profile of Tatiana