“I saw an opportunity to develop new ways to produce low-calorie sweeteners.”
- Consumer Goods & Services
- Year selected
Hector and his company Metco have developed new techniques to produce low-calorie sweeteners derived from natural sugars. Unlike competitors Splenda, Canderel, or Sweet’N Low, Metco products are all-natural and have the characteristics of real sugar, with significantly higher health value. The company sells its products to Mexico’s largest supermarkets including Walmart, Soriana, Comercial Mexicana, and Mega.
After serving in government for nearly 25 years including time as CEO of Sugar SA, Mexico’s state-owned sugar company, Hector is now a true believer in the power to control one’s destiny through entrepreneurship.
Endeavor and METCO
Hector has benefited from various services including a local advisory board, marketing workshop, media appearances, government funding, and strategic alliances with Endeavor Entrepreneurs and mentors.
He demonstrates commitment by participating in numerous workshops and events.
- Emprendedor: Company spotlight (en español)
- Emprendedor: Metco wins technology award (en Español)
- El Empresario.mx: Metco wins innovation award (en Español)
- CNN Expansion: Hector discusses the company's future (en Español)
- Soy Entrepreneur: Interview with Hector (en Español)
- La Prensa: Profile of Hector and Metco (en Español)