“I saw an opportunity to provide valuable web services for the architecture community.”
- Year selected
- David Basulto
Plataforma Networks runs two leading architecture blogs (in English and Spanish) which are updated daily with user generated content. The English language site, ArchDaily, is now a global touch point for the architecture community and has more Facebook fans than WIRED magazine. In 2008, they began to generate ad revenue by charging construction material producers and design companies to include their products in a digital catalogue hosted on Plataforma Arquitectura. The company has ambitious growth plans, and the perfect entrepreneurs to carry them out.
Endeavor and Archdaily
Among services received, the entrepreneurs have benefited from the Ernst & Young Fellows program.
- Endeavor blog: Fast Company features Plataforma's new blueprint for the architecture industry
- Endeavor blog: David Assael on building the largest architectural community online
- InfoWeek: Intel looks to the future and signs with Plataforma (en Español)
- Civic Innovator: David Assael, Chile (Americas Quarterly)
- Spotlight on Builders includes video